Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Grid

So here we are. It's been a long time coming, but I've been busy and lazy. A week ago in Focused Inquiry, we spent our class period discussing what would happen if "the grid" went down. For those who don't know, the grid is basically the network that everything electronic runs on. The internet, cell phone networks, and lots of different forms of communication is what composes the grid. Knowing that, what would happen if the grid went down?

First of all, I believe it would take a while before everyone actually realized it happened. People might notice that their cell phones aren't working and that their internet is down also, but that happens, at least to me, every once in a while. However, as soon as word got out, I believe that chaos would indeed reign. Personally, I would go home immediately and work out a plan with my family. That would probably include staying in the house with guns ready.

However, for amusement, if I was alone I would probably go home and grab my (model) revolver. Then I would head down to the nearest gun store and grab an actual pistol, rifle, and plenty of ammo. After that, I would probably try and go to my friends' houses and see what they're planning. In the end, I would stay camped out with my friends in a single house until we needed food. Then we would loot a grocery store or steal someone else's food. Boring? Maybe, but safe.

No comments: