Monday, October 27, 2008

My Philosophy of Laziness

In case you haven't noticed yet, I haven't been doing my class ratings. My teacher has begun to attempt to train himself not to cuss as much in classes, and thus I have decided to forgo the rating system for now. There is a possibility that I will create a new, more accurate one, especially considering that I'm going to have Scott for another semester. But will I continue this blog for another semester? We will see.

This weekend I had a couple things that I definitely needed to do: I needed to finish my FI paper and I needed to write 2 lab reports for Engineering. I did none of them. I probably could've done everything on friday and gotten it out of the way, but I didn't. And that brings me to my topic for this post.

I find that when I know I need to work, but don't feel like it, I usually don't get much done. I tend to stray away from whatever my objective is and do other things. This ends up in a lot of wasted time doing something like watching Youtube videos. Thus, in order to fix this, I have created my Philosophy of Laziness. If ever I know I should probably feel like doing work, but don't want to, then I don't. It's that easy. I don't waste time by convincing myself that I'm going to do work and then slowly drift through the internet. I just tell myself that I don't feel like doing it, and then do it later.

I know some of you are probably wondering how I get anything done. Well, this weekend I didn't get any of the stuff I needed to do done. So today is the day I have to do it all. Sure, it's a price to pay, but it was worth it. I had friday, saturday, and sunday off without any worries! And all I had to pay for it is one day of hard work. Also, I tend to write better when I'm closing in on a deadline. I don't know why, but ideas just flow out of my fingertips onto the screen when I feel pressure.

Well, that's my Philosophy of Laziness, plain and simple. Feel free to adopt it yourself, I have no problem with that. Three cheers for procrastination and all of its wonderful benefits!

No comments: