Thursday, September 18, 2008

Did the job make you, or did you make the job?



No, there will be no rating for this week's classes. My teacher didn't really do much teaching at all this week, so I'll spare him the criticism, though I did enjoy both classes.

Anyway, today my classmate, Brent, and I had the pleasure of my teacher's company after his first class. We sat in his office, mentioning different bands and websites of the weird. I believe we three were slightly late to class, but it didn't slow class at all. Today, we simply peer-reviewed stories that everyone wrote as an essay. Easy, quick, enjoyable. A little, sugar-coated treat of a class.

So now I am left to wonder what made Mr. Scott want to be a teacher? He seems to have the uncanny skill of keeping a class's and individual's attention at all times. I wonder, did he develop this before becoming a teacher? or after?

I guess what I'm wondering is, did becoming a teacher make him who he is, or did he become a teacher because of who he is? If the first one, what made him want to be a teacher in the first place? And how long did it take him to learn to such a skill?

Many questions, all are unanswered. Right now I can only speculate. I'm not sure whether I would enjoy analyzing him more or just straight up asking him.

I think I'll just analyze for now.

No comments: